DarkMX Support Forum
Questions and comments about the software
<<  Back To Forum

Newest DarkMX upgrade creates two channels, one states chat disa

by ASmith on 2024/07/25 06:14:17 PM    
Newest DarkMX upgrade creates two channels instead of only 1 automatically, and one states chat is disabled, that's very confusing isn't it?

How do I get back to having only 1 channel created and of course the chat isn't disabled in it as well?
by Guest on 2024/07/25 06:47:02 PM    
what version did you upgrade from?
So you had 1 channel running in an older version and when you upgraded to 1.38 you now had 2 channels?
Before the upgrade did you run a network and a chatroom? If so, that is probably why you now have 2 channels, one with no chatroom.
Your network became a channel with no chatroom.
your chatroom became a channel with no files.
You might consider one channel that does both.
by ASmith on 2024/07/28 11:23:07 PM    
I'm using Linux Mint amd64 21.3 Virginia desktop system OS. The upgrade created two channel instances, one states 'Chat Disabled' and nothing to eliminate or change that clone of my channel. That seems like a major bug in the newest release. I upgraded DarkMX v1.36 to v1.38 and this dual channel appeared with one marked as 'chat disabled'.
by Guest on 2024/07/29 04:30:06 AM    
your upgrade worked exactly as it should have.
as this person previously said:
Your network became a channel with no chatroom.
your chatroom became a channel with no files.

you can add a chat room to the one without and/or you can add files to the one without.
by ASmith on 2024/07/30 07:08:18 AM    
I've read the response several times and there are a lot of heads spinning upon hearing that the major bug creating two identically named channels from one original well used one, now post upgrade v1.38 with one showing terabytes of files without chat ability and one with chat ability not showing the shared files is somehow 'normal' and exactly how the upgrade would function. That's way-way out there isn't it?

I'm reminded of a scene in a popular harry potter movie where Harry's arm is broken and the professor mends it by dissolving all the bones in his arm, then retorts well Harry obviously doesn't feel any pain now.

This web site powered by Super Simple Server