DarkMX Support Forum
Questions and comments about the software
<<  Back To Forum

New Chatroom settings leave out the user list in the same frame,

by ASmith on 2024/07/25 05:39:24 PM    
New Chatroom settings leave out the user list in the same frame, how do I get that dual view back?
The new upgrade eliminates the users view leaving the chatroom as a empty look with a dialog which you don't know who is there, like shouting in a dark room. How do I get back that dialog plus user list view on the new DarkMX upgrade?

I noticed a visitor had a custom avatar image of himself in the chatroom, how does a person set that up and upload a image for his chat avatar, I haven't located that setting yet and looked, looked and looked some more for that and still haven't found it?
by Guest on 2024/07/25 06:34:42 PM    
The user list is now displayed in the tab to the right of the chat tab.
You can change your avatar in the Home tab. Just click the default avatar.
by ASmith on 2024/07/28 08:44:02 AM    
Switching back and forth between tabs just to see who is in my chatroom is rather absurd isn't it? The time treasured method is the stack of users currently in that chatroom along with the chat window for communications. Otherwise as I have stated at the beginning of this comment, you are talking in a blacked out cave, to unknown parties. Its rather absurd and slightly disappointing that was seen as a upgrade.
by Guest on 2024/07/28 08:06:31 PM    
I think it has to do with being on android. You cant display the users list and the chat window together on a phone.
by ASmith on 2024/07/28 11:20:12 PM    
I'm using Linux Mint amd64 21.3 Virginia desktop system OS. Running the newest release of DarkMX v1.38 is very disappointing. Not very many users chat on DarkMX as well as on Fopnu and now doing away with the Visitors list in the same window as the chat dialog pretty much seals out any useful, productive use of the chat tool and function.

DarkMX Visitors don't see a visitors list regardless of 17 users listed and assume no one is there. Secondly if someone posts and leaves, that is unknown because its not readily apparent that user name is no longer in that chatroom, as well as seeing how many are there at a glance. That is in another tab and virtually no one is clicking back and forth between those tabs just to chat.
by ASmith on 2024/07/30 07:00:41 AM    
Clicking on the Contacts (Two Person Icon upper right on the application button frame) toggles down your selected user contacts and their chat levels (mods, ops, owner, vip etc.). The highlighted colors on those contacts indicate they are present in the chatroom, those that are not highlighted are not in the chatroom.

It seems the Contact persons button could be expanded to optionally show the traditional current list of chatroom visitors, guests etc. for a minor update going forward.

Thanks to the DarkMX programmer and staff for your consideration.

This web site powered by Super Simple Server